We are looking for a Full Stack PHP Developer to join the Web2 development team! This position creates visually stunning, efficient websites for our portfolio of performing arts clients using modern WordPress development tools. This is a fully remote position with minimal travel for team and/or client meetings and training. Salary is commensurate with skills and experience level.
This position engineers the style and display layers of web solutions, as well as hooking up back end functionality provided by L2. This position works closely with the design department who drives the “look” of the websites and with other developers who build the server-side components. Agency experience and client-focused work make for a strong candidate. A Bachelor’s degree in a related field is highly desired. Success in this role is as much about the chemistry of teamwork and shared values as it is about having the right skills, experience and demonstrated results.
The ideal candidate has strong front-end programming skills and has learned to apply those skills in the web environment– someone who is passionate about programming details, excited to work with a team of smart engineers and ready to learn more.
Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Build interactive site elements such as photo, video, and audio galleries to match specifications written in requirement documentation provided by the project manager.
- Regularly review and maintain knowledge of programming best practices for accommodating cross-browser support.
- Style website and site elements to match comps provided by designers and approved by clients.
- Provide levels of effort that meet or exceed documented project timelines and milestones set forth by the Project Managers and clients.
- Assist in the development of technical requirements for certain web features and functionality.
- Analyze project tasks and requirements to provide estimates and accurately track time spent.
- Assist in the creation of both client and internal documentation of developed features.
- Actively participate in the SCRUM process including sprint planning, backlog refinement and retrospectives.
- WordPress general concepts and structure, plugin & theme development
- Implement 3rd party and custom WordPress plugin solutions
- Ability to analyze code, understanding implications of change requested, and refactor and write accurate, efficient code
- Ability to solve complex problems and think critically when identifying solutions
- Experience using Bootstrap4 and understands differences between older versions
- General understanding of PHP frameworks and the PHP language; able to write PHP
- Experience using project & time tracking software
- Familiarity with how DNS works and web hosting
- Experience using IDEs & browser development tools (PHPStorm, VSCode)
- Media queries and responsive design
- General concepts and structures of grid systems
- Source Control (Git, GitHub)
- Composer and NPM
- Roots.io frameworks (Bedrock, Sage)
- Familiarity with the macOS/Linux command line
- Yarn and Webpack
- AWS and Pantheon