Small company. Big projects. Let’s talk.
Technical Support Specialist
L2 is searching for a Technical Support Specialist to join our Prospect2 team! This position provides technical support to our clients that use our email marketing/automation product, Prospect2. This is a fully remote position with minimal travel for team and/or client meetings and training. Salary is commensurate with skills and experience level.
We are looking for a Technical Support Specialist to join our Prospect2 team! This position provides technical support to our clients that use our email marketing/automation product, Prospect2. This is a fully remote position with minimal travel for team and/or client meetings and training. Salary is commensurate with skills and experience level.
This position is for someone who has the right balance of technical and relational skills; someone who enjoys the analytical technical space as much as building solid client relations. Are you up for the challenge of working on a team that understands the value of personal and professional integrity, accountability and exceptional performance? Success in this role is as much about the chemistry of teamwork and shared values as it is about having the right skills, experience and demonstrated results.
Our client base is an amazing group of arts and culture nonprofits across the globe, many that are stepping into the world of marketing automation for the first time. We want to add someone to our team who can successfully troubleshoot their technical issues, provide well-thought solutions and guide them when they want to push the envelope. If you have an optimistic outlook and enjoy the fun and support of a small team, then read on and let us know if this is YOU!
Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Troubleshooting technical/high-level client issues for the product.
- Responding to client queries and issues in a timely manner.
- Preparing competent, complete technical support documents for the product.
- Assisting in the creation, utilization, and maintenance of the Knowledge Base for the product.
- Write technical documentation in an easily digestible format.
- Providing ad hoc technical training to clients, as requested and approved.
- Providing direct support to the on-boarding process as a technical SME.
- Testing and troubleshooting code, and using best practices in regard to code quality, testing and documentation.
- Serving as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in regards to email deliverability best practices, product capabilities and solutions across diverse use cases.
- Effectively communicating email deliverability requirements and strategies to various stakeholders.
- Collaborating with other team members to define deployment processes, accountabilities and deliverables to ensure client success.
- Using client analytics to build use cases.
- Proactively meeting with clients to communicate new features and use cases.
- Previous experience in SaaS technical support.
- Ability to extract, analyze and interpret relevant data to make business decisions and solve client issues using deductive reasoning skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with our clients with excellent written and verbal skills.
- Experience on a digital marketing team using an email marketing/marketing automation platform (ie, ActiveCampaign).
- Proven success in working on a small and/or remote team and ability to communicate/problem solve with remote clients.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Experience training clients/team members on technical issues.
Some of the tools we use to manage our business and support our clients include the Suite of Google products, Calendly, HelpScout, and Monday.com.
Full Stack PHP Developer
L2 is searching for a Full Stack PHP Developer to join the Web2 development team! This position creates visually stunning, efficient websites for our portfolio of performing arts clients using modern WordPress development tools. This is a fully remote position with minimal travel for team and/or client meetings and training. Salary is commensurate with skills and experience level.
We are looking for a Full Stack PHP Developer to join the Web2 development team! This position creates visually stunning, efficient websites for our portfolio of performing arts clients using modern WordPress development tools. This is a fully remote position with minimal travel for team and/or client meetings and training. Salary is commensurate with skills and experience level.
This position engineers the style and display layers of web solutions, as well as hooking up back end functionality provided by L2. This position works closely with the design department who drives the “look” of the websites and with other developers who build the server-side components. Agency experience and client-focused work make for a strong candidate. A Bachelor’s degree in a related field is highly desired. Success in this role is as much about the chemistry of teamwork and shared values as it is about having the right skills, experience and demonstrated results.
The ideal candidate has strong front-end programming skills and has learned to apply those skills in the web environment– someone who is passionate about programming details, excited to work with a team of smart engineers and ready to learn more.
Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Build interactive site elements such as photo, video, and audio galleries to match specifications written in requirement documentation provided by the project manager.
- Regularly review and maintain knowledge of programming best practices for accommodating cross-browser support.
- Style website and site elements to match comps provided by designers and approved by clients.
- Provide levels of effort that meet or exceed documented project timelines and milestones set forth by the Project Managers and clients.
- Assist in the development of technical requirements for certain web features and functionality.
- Analyze project tasks and requirements to provide estimates and accurately track time spent.
- Assist in the creation of both client and internal documentation of developed features.
- Actively participate in the SCRUM process including sprint planning, backlog refinement and retrospectives.
- WordPress general concepts and structure, plugin & theme development
- Implement 3rd party and custom WordPress plugin solutions
- Ability to analyze code, understanding implications of change requested, and refactor and write accurate, efficient code
- Ability to solve complex problems and think critically when identifying solutions
- Experience using Bootstrap4 and understands differences between older versions
- General understanding of PHP frameworks and the PHP language; able to write PHP
- Experience using project & time tracking software
- Familiarity with how DNS works and web hosting
- Experience using IDEs & browser development tools (PHPStorm, VSCode)
- Media queries and responsive design
- General concepts and structures of grid systems
- Source Control (Git, GitHub)
- Composer and NPM
- Roots.io frameworks (Bedrock, Sage)
- Familiarity with the macOS/Linux command line
- Yarn and Webpack
- AWS and Pantheon
Create Your Own Career
Maybe you have something special, a skillset that we haven’t yet realized we need. You wouldn’t be the first - we’ve been wowed by a few folks who just showed up on our doorstep and surprised us with their passion and abilities.
Where do you think you can make an impact? Tell us a bit about yourself and let’s see where this goes!
How do you promote collaboration, given people are working remotely?
Clear and timely communication is key. Project managers and team leaders organize regular stand-up meetings so each employee can share their progress toward goals and identify opportunities for other team members to lend a hand. We use a number of web-based tools (e.g. Slack, Mural, Basecamp, ActiveCollab, Monday.com, Google Apps) that make it easy to collaborate in real-time. We also use integrations and workflows to make communicating easy.
How do you encourage connection with employees?
100% distributed doesn’t hold us back from building bonds—daily conversations in Slack include non-work topics like #for_the_love_of_cooking and #furry_friends, along with posts on our employee website where you can show off pictures of pets and hobbies. We make space for other interests you may enjoy.
How do you keep your technology and tools current?
We make intentional investments of money and time to improve the products and services we offer. We found the best way to do this is to have a workforce that is fully engaged and up to date on current tools and trends. Some of our very best ideas come from our employees.
Would I be the sole developer on a project or is a team assigned to the project?
We believe that two (or more heads) are better than one. Our website project team includes some or all of the following: an executive sponsor, a project manager, a business analyst, a designer, and 2-3 development resources.
Is there an onboarding process? How long is it and what does it look like?
Onboarding begins on day one with your orientation to the company. Depending upon your position, onboarding may last four weeks or four months. During this time, you will learn our process and our tools and have the opportunity to apply your knowledge and skills to real work. Feedback from your teammates and manager will guide your learning.
Is there a formal review process?
What we really hope you ask is “Will I get regular feedback to know how I’m doing?” That is the basis for our performance management process. We also conduct a six-month check-in with new employees to ensure the role is a good fit for you and for us. Salary and performance reviews are typically conducted on an annual basis by L2 Leadership.
Is there any travel required?
Depending upon the position, employees may be asked to travel for work to attend internal meetings (typically 1-2 times a year) and occasionally but not regularly for clients. This might include travel for employee or client meetings, onsite at a client location and/or travel for industry conferences.